Q.: Dear Dan, I enjoyed reading your Roth article, it got me really thinking about my own situation. I would like to do a 401(k) to Roth IRA conversion. If I do it, can I offset the tax owed using any accumulated long-term capital loss carry over from previous tax years?

Thank you, DK

A.: Glad you liked that, DK. A loss carryforward may help offset the taxes on a conver…
MarketWatch.com – All MarketWatch News – Personal Finance